Building a website without a well planned content and search engine optimization (SEO) structure is like opening a retail store with no sign on the front or any way for people to find you. It may be a beautiful store but what good is it if no one can find it?
When building your website and planning your web design we work on your search engine optimization (SEO) strategy so your website can be found by people looking for your product or service. This is also called organic search. It refers to how people search on search engines naturally and the first results are generated “organically” rather than by paid advertising which is referred to as PPC or “Pay Per Click” result.
Many businesses share their knowledge of the industry by creating videos. With the acceptance of video as a crucial means of communication on the web having a video channel on Youtube or Vimeo is also important for businesses today. Content does not have to be cumbersome to create, it can be simple easy reference videos that users can access to self serve products that you sell or simple informational videos that help promote your service. A well thought out video strategy should be considered as part of the overall search engine placement (SEO) plan. Although it is not vital to the overall success of the website, it is however important in brand development and marketing.
Video Marketing is a growing business and it is generally accepted that when visitors see a video on a website and view it, the time they remain on the website increases drastically and this impacts the overall actions on the website as well. A good video for a business website should not be more than 30-60 seconds long. Longer videos tend to make users feel bored and don’t give the same results as a more to the point video.
Developing and implementing your search engine optimization (SEO) strategy at the start is vital, It’s either this – or have that web traffic go to your competition!
The way we plan search engine optimization (SEO) is as follows:
- Keywords Analysis: Research and identify a set of (10-15) keywords that people use when looking for your services use and refer to keyword research tools to see how frequently people search for them.
- Research your competition’s presence: See what optimization they have done, try to gauge how much traffic goes to them and what keywords they are using.
- Develop and write GOOD CONTENT for your website: This is very important and cannot be emphasized enough. Search engines read the content on your website and based on the uniqueness of the content rank your website against what people are searching for. Good Web Design is just as important as Good Web Content!
- Content layout for Search Engine Crawling: Your content is placed on the website with proper tags, headers, image alt tags to ensure that the site ranks properly.
- Social Media Content – Using facebook, twitter, Google+, Instagram, Pintrest we share the content on your website with the world – this will also favour your online presence.
- Building a network of reliable links: Working with other websites in your industry, blogs and other websites we build a network of links that connect back to your site giving your website credibility in the “eyes” of the search engine.
A good website will positively impact your bottom line.
Your website will create the first impression to new and potential customer. In most cases a good website will be the first time users are exposed to your brand and as discussed in the points above, a good web design strategy that incorporates your vision, long term growth search engine optimization (SEO) strategy develops into a solid web presence. A solid web presence will have a positive impact on your revenue flow and bottom line.
Adversely, a poorly designed website will get you less web traffic and will not attract people to your business rather it will drive them to your competition.
You keep the keys to the kingdom.
If so much time and money is spent on developing a strong web presence a logical approach is to ensure that the business owner always maintain control over the most important things related to the company’s web presence.
Many small business owners are not aware of the following items and simply trust the matter to the person that they have started working with.
- Domain name registration details: Your website is built on your domain name, whether it is a (.com) dotcom, a (.net) dotnet or (.ca) dotca or any the domain(s), the ownership and registration details of the domain are very important to have control over. In many cases, domains are registered by someone building a website and the ownership title is under the developer’s name and not the company owner. This may be acceptable when starting out but as the business grows it can be challenging to access this information. Domain name registration has multiple fields for content including owner and technical content, by putting the name and email of the developer in the technical content field you may be able to prevent your domain from expiring and some else taking the domain name.
- Hosting Details: The actual pages, database and all the programming done, sites on a server where it is processed and displayed for visitors. As web developers we work in this space – the ownership, registration and renewal of all hosting information should remain with the business owner with access to developers.
- Directories/Social Media ownership: When creating profiles on business directory website and social media website again it is important to ensure that the ownership remains with the business owner and not the developer.
Working with us Redkey Media, we take care of all these details for you. We are here to help your grow not to slow you down.